Have you or a loved one been diagnosed with cancer? Being diagnosed with cancer can be overwhelming and now you are looking for answers near you. We are experts in treatment for cancer and educating patients and their loved ones on cancer treatment options. Located just a short drive from Pasco, WA.
Find World Class Cancer Treatment Near You
You don’t have to travel far from Pasco, WA for the latest advances in cancer treatment. At Tri-Cities Cancer Center, our team of radiation oncologists and medical professionals handle your cancer treatment with commitment and a shared vision of how we can positively impact patient lives. We are recognized as leaders in cancer care and we use the latest research to provide you with the best treatment possible.
Questions about Cancer Treatment near Pasco, WA:
- When will I need to start treatment?
- What is the best way to treat my stage and type of cancer?
- What treatment is recommended and why?
- What does the recovery process for this treatment look like?
- How will I know if the Oncologist treatment is working?
There are many types of cancer and many types of cancer treatment, it all depends on each individual diagnosis. In some cases a patient will only receive one kind of treatment, while in other cases they could receive a combination of treatments.
Types of Treatments for Cancer near Pasco, WA:
Chemotherapy is used to treat many types and stages of cancer. It’s a specific drug uses to kill cancer cells and works by stopping or slowing the growth of the toxic cancer cells in a patient. This cancer treatment can be used to lessen the chance that cancer will return and stop the growing of cancer cells. Often chemotherapy is combined with Radiation Oncology treatment to killthe cells left over from those treatments.
Radiation therapy is the treatment of disease using penetrating beams of high-energy waves or streams of particles called radiation. Radiation therapy is one of the most common treatments for cancer and is used in more than half of all cancer cases.
Just as each patient is an individual, each patient’s cancer treatment needs are different. At the Cancer Center, we offer state-of-the-art radiation oncology treatment with equipment designed to deliver treatment quickly and effectively, while reducing side effects.
Surgery to Treat Cancer is a procedure in which a doctor removes the cancer from a patients’ body. Often the surgery is to remove the entire cancer tumor, but can also be used to remove some of the cancer tumor as to not damage a patient’s organ. By removing a section of the tumor this helps other treatment options work against the cancer.
Cancer Treatment Plans near Pasco, WA
Once you have been diagnosed with cancer and you have been referred to the Tri-Cities Cancer Center, you will progress along the following steps for your radiation treatment:
- Meet with your radiation oncologist
- Physical examination
- Learn what treatment options there are for you
- Lays the ground work to develop your treatment plan
- Usually one week to 10 days after simulation
- A staff member will call to tell you when you will begin
Weekly meeting with doctors
- You will see your oncologist every Monday and as needed while you are receiving therapy
- On your last treatment day you will be given an appointment card for a three month follow up appointment
Follow up care
- Your radiation oncologist will set up a follow up schedule with you
Your Next Step in Cancer Care near Pasco, WA
You don’t have to have all the answers, but our team of radiation oncologists and cancer treatment professionals are here to help you navigate your healthcare decisions. Just a short drive from Pasco, WA, Tri-Cities Cancer Center’s care professionals have the knowledge and technology to answer your questions. Contact us today!