Your Tri-Cities Cancer Center is taking the necessary precautions to ensure patient and staff safety during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Your Tri-Cities Cancer Center is committed to providing a warm, welcoming, and safe environment for our patients and community to receive care and support. We understand how important it is to have family and friends by your side throughout treatment. Often with our responsibility to ensure the safety and well-being of our patients, there comes difficult decisions.
To ensure the safety of our patients from COVID-19, we will:
- Only allow patients and one caregiver, if needed, to enter the facility.
- Our Resource Center and Library is closed. However, we are updating our Resource Center To Go process to make sure that our patients are receiving comfort items that can bring so much care during these challenging times! Comfort Packs are available for cancer patients by calling (509) 737-3407! They include a blanket, soft hat and a satin pillowcase. If you would like to make a donation to continue to support this effort, please use our online giving link: Donate Today!
- Our facility will not be available to outside groups, visitors, vendors or organizations. TCCC cancer conferences will be attended remotely.
- We will not be utilizing volunteers at this time.
- Temperature screenings for employees and patients/guests will be taken upon entering one of our available entrances.
- Support groups will be offered virtually, when possible.
- We are unable to accept tokens of appreciation (food, etc.) at this time as they could impact staff or patient health.
In addition, we ask that anyone who has had a cough and fever within the past 48 hours to please not come into the Tri-Cities Cancer Center facility unless they are seeking medical care. This will allow us to retain important personal protective equipment such as masks for staff providing direct care to patients. Patients with a cough will be asked to wear a mask while in the facility. Caregivers with a cough will be asked to wear a mask while in the facility or remain outside until care is completed.
Thank you for your understanding and putting your trust in us! Again, we want to ensure the safety and health of all patients and their families, by reducing the number of people coming in and out of our facility. This allows us to focus on providing the world-class treatment and care you deserve, while reducing risk for our patients and assisting in community containment efforts to reduce the spread of infectious disease.
If you have any questions, please contact Ken Gamboa, Director of Marketing at (509) 737-3440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Tri-Cities Cancer Center Family
For additional information regarding COVID-19:
- Travelers are encouraged to follow guidance issued by official public health sources.
- The Benton Franklin Health District offers local information. If you are in Benton or Franklin Counties and believe you were exposed to a confirmed case of COVID-19, contact the novel coronavirus call center: 509-460-4358 or en español 509-460-4359. The call center will be staffed from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. PST, Monday-Friday.
- Washington State Department of Health
- Experience WA Travel Advisory
- Centers for Disease Control (CDD) for general COVID-19 information.