- This event has passed.
Cancer Crushing Cuisine – Small Bytes
Wednesday, August 12
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
One event on Wednesday, June 24, 2020 at 6:00 pm
One event on Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 6:00 pm
One event on Wednesday, August 12, 2020 at 6:00 pm
One event on Wednesday, October 14, 2020 at 6:00 pm
One event on Wednesday, July 15, 2020 at 6:00 pm
One event on Wednesday, August 26, 2020 at 6:00 pm
One event on Wednesday, September 23, 2020 at 6:00 pm
One event on Wednesday, October 28, 2020 at 6:00 pm
Now in our 2nd year, your Tri-Cities Cancer Center will be shifting how we offer our cooking classes for the remainder of 2020. Our Cancer Crushing Cuisine Cooking Classes will now be offered as Small Bytes, bite-sized virtual cancer crushing cooking classes you can attend from the comfort of your own home! We want to ensure that our community continues to receive valuable information on preventing and reducing cancer risk in a safe and effective way.
Your Tri-Cities Cancer Center and Chef Kyle Thornhill of Tsunami Catering along with Red Mountain Kitchen are teaming up to offer 1 hour classes meant to be educational and fun. Participants will not only enjoy time with an amazing chef, but they will also receive education on the cancer fighting properties of the produce and other ingredients included in the dish they will prepare.
Here’s how to participate – the process is as simple as 1 – 2 – 3:
- Register to attend one of our upcoming classes –Classes are limited to 20 participants
- Needed ingredients will be delivered via a no-contact delivery to your doorstep prior to your class.
- A few minutes before the start of your class, you will join your cooking class from home via Zoom on your phone, laptop or tablet!
Prior to each class, participants will be provided a list of kitchen supplies needed to complete the dish, a link to join their cooking class virtually, and any additional information needed to have a fun, educational experience. We hope that you will join us!
When: 6:00 – 7:00pm
· June 10th – Curried hummus with whole wheat pita chips
· June 24th – Basil Broccoli / Broccoli with Garlic and Ginger
· July 15th – Orange Pistachio Quinoa
· August 12th – Creamy Polenta with Shiitake Mushrooms
· August 26th – Navy Bean and Sun-Dried Tomato Dip (with Whole Wheat Pita Chips)
· September 23rd
· October 14th
· October 28th
Where: Comfort of your own home!
Cost: $40 per individual per session ($20 for supplies and apron; $20 will go to the TCCC Foundation to fund the building of a community garden)