By: Chuck DeGooyer, CEO, Tri-Cities Cancer Center
Our Mission at the Tri-Cities Cancer Center is, “To provide and coordinate the highest quality, compassionate cancer care for the communities we serve.” To be successful in this endeavor and honor our mission, we continually plan for the future needs of our patients and the growth of our community.
The care we provide at the Cancer Center is one of many steps in a continuum of care that patients travel when they are burdened with a cancer diagnosis. Most often, our patients start their cancer journey by a visit to their primary care provider’s office. From there, they are referred to specialists that care for cancer patients.
Throughout this continuum of primary and specialty care, we seek to advance the knowledge and skills of the physicians and other health care providers within our community. We do this by providing first-class certified medical education for physicians and nurses free of charge. In 2017 we provided eight Certified Medical Education (CME) programs with highly respected physician speakers from across the Pacific Northwest. We have also provided over 40 CME hours as part of our Centers for Excellence physician conferences.
Further, as part of our commitment to ensuring a continuum of health services, we choose to participate in the training and education of other medical professionals too. This aids our hospital owners in the recruitment and retention of qualified medical providers for the benefit of our community.
It is our pleasure to offer our facilities with the support of our staff team to assist with advanced medical education.
Our activities include:
• Lecture and didactics for medical students
• Clinical rotations for medical interns, nursing students and radiation therapists
• Rotations for medical physics interns
• Scholarly projects for medical students and doctoral candidates
Our didactic and clinical education partnerships include:
• Washington State University Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine
• Pacific Northwest University College of Osteopathic Medicine
• Columbia Basin College School of Nursing
• Washington State University College of Nursing Doctoral Program
• Northwest Medical Physics Center Medical Physics Residency Program
• Weber State College Radiation Therapy Program
At your Tri-Cities Cancer Center, we are keenly aware of our community’s need for services outside our doors. You deserve the best cancer care and you deserve the best providers and nurses before, during, and after your cancer diagnosis and treatment. Our commitment to you is our continual efforts to ensure the best cancer care exists right here in our community. We are your Tri-Cities Cancer Center.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.