Discovering that you or a loved one has cancer can be overwhelming. Not only is there emotional and physical stress, there are appointments, treatments, and paperwork to juggle. Managing life with cancer can leave you feeling lost and unsure. Our Patient Navigation Program is here to support cancer patients and their families every step of the way. This service, available at no cost to area cancer patients, provides personalized support no matter where they are treated.
Patient Navigation Team
Our Navigation Team is comprised of healthcare professionals focused on each patient’s well-being. They are prepared to walk with patients and families throughout their journey.
Our Nurse Navigators work with patients and their families to assist in coordinating cancer care and support resources. For those with cancer, the Nurse Navigator becomes a dedicated member of their care team helping facilitate personalized cancer care.
Each Nurse Navigator will serve as:
- Patient Advocates—We’ll work collaboratively with your healthcare team as your advocate to ensure that barriers to timely treatment are minimized.
- Resource and Information Specialists—After assessing each patient’s individual needs, our team will provide customized resource information, educational materials, and links to local community resources.
Our Chaplain provides respectful, spiritual, and emotional care to people of all faiths and spiritualities, including those who identify themselves as nonreligious or nonspiritual. Kadlec Tri-Cities Cancer Center chaplain is board certified, that means we are accountable to the KTCCC, to a national certifying body, and to a particular faith tradition. Board certified chaplains follow a code of ethics that requires respectful care for all people.
Our Chaplain welcomes the opportunity to:
- Provide support provide emotional and spiritual support to patients, their families, and caregivers.
- Be a companion and emphatic listener
- Be a connector to the local faith community
- Be a sounding board as you face tough decisions
- Hold private and confidential conversations/discussions
For more information or to schedule an appointment with our chaplain, please call 509-783-9894.
Our Patient Navigation Program has been created to care for the whole patient, including their family and caregivers. These services are provided at no cost to the patient and are open to anyone in the local area affected by cancer—no matter where they are being treated.
For more information or to schedule an appointment with our Patient Navigation Team, call 509-783-9894.
A Financial Counselor is on-site daily to help each patient address the financial challenges they may be experiencing, including:
- Assist with insurance issues and cancer policies.
- Understanding health insurance benefits.
- Create a plan which addresses the financial challenges patients may be experiencing.
- Connecting patients with community resources and programs intended to help alleviate some of these financial stresses.
- Address overall financial needs or concerns for insured and uninsured patients.
- Due to the complexity of insurance coverage, the Affordable Care Act and the Health Insurance Exchange, the Financial Counselor is offered only to Kadlec Tri-Cities Cancer Center patients.
Our Social Worker provides assessments and case management to patients and their families related to illness adjustment and coping mechanisms. They also act as patient advocate by recommending resources, providing social support, and integrating community services that aide patients and families with day to day issues they may encounter on their cancer journey. Guidance is free and appointments can be made by calling (509) 783-9894.