Free Community-wide Colorectal Pre-Screening Event - Registration opens January 1st.
The pre-screening event is offered to the community in partnership by the Tri-Cities Cancer Center, Kadlec, Lourdes Health and Trios Health.
When: Saturday, March 18th - By Appointment only
Where: Tri-Cities Cancer Center, 7350 W. Deschutes, Kennewick
Registration: Online registration is open! Choose a time on your right to begin.
- Men and women age 50-75
- Ages 75+ should consult their doctor
- Those at high risk of developing colorectal cancer should begin screening at a younger age
- Available to individuals who have not had a colonoscopy in the last ten years
What to Expect:
- This event is not a physical examination or colonoscopy
- Health assessment will be conducted at the event to determine the appropriateness for colonoscopy
- Appropriate participants will be scheduled for their colonoscopy before leaving the event
- Free colonoscopy prep and education will be provided to scheduled participants
- Financial resources will be provided to those who meet the necessary criteria
- Colorectal Cancer is the 2nd leading cause of cancer related death among men and women in the United States.
- It is also one of the most preventable through early detection screenings.
- The colonoscopy is the gold standard for colorectal cancer screening.
- The intent of this screening and awareness effort is to reduce the number of late stage cancer findings and instead find early stage colorectal cancer, which is very treatable.
- Colonoscopies can also detect pre-cancerous and cancerous polyps, which can be removed during the procedure.
Types of treatment for colon cancer:
- Radiation Therapy
- Estimated new cases in U.S. in 2016: 134,490
- Estimate deaths from colorectal cancer in 2016: 49,190