Free Community-wide Colorectal Pre-Screening Event - Registration opens January 1st.
The pre-screening event is offered to the community in partnership by the Tri-Cities Cancer Center, Kadlec, Lourdes Health and Trios Health.
When: Saturday, March 18th - By Appointment only
Where: Tri-Cities Cancer Center, 7350 W. Deschutes, Kennewick
Registration: Online registration is open! Choose a time on your right to begin.
- Men and women age 50-75
- Ages 75+ should consult their doctor
- Those at high risk of developing colorectal cancer should begin screening at a younger age
- Available to individuals who have not had a colonoscopy in the last ten years
What to Expect:
- This event is not a physical examination or colonoscopy
- Health assessment will be conducted at the event to determine the appropriateness for colonoscopy
- Appropriate participants will be scheduled for their colonoscopy before leaving the event
- Free colonoscopy prep and education will be provided to scheduled participants
- Financial resources will be provided to those who meet the necessary criteria
- Colorectal Cancer is the 2nd leading cause of cancer related death among men and women in the United States.
- It is also one of the most preventable through early detection screenings.
- The colonoscopy is the gold standard for colorectal cancer screening.
- The intent of this screening and awareness effort is to reduce the number of late stage cancer findings and instead find early stage colorectal cancer, which is very treatable.
- Colonoscopies can also detect pre-cancerous and cancerous polyps, which can be removed during the procedure.
Types of treatment for colon cancer:
- Radiation Therapy
- Estimated new cases in U.S. in 2016: 134,490
- Estimate deaths from colorectal cancer in 2016: 49,190
Click on any one of the times below to start the registration process. There are six blocks of times available. If one block says "no times available", please proceed to the other blocks to choose a time.
Please call (509) 737-3420 if you need help registering for the event.