At the Cancer Center we recognize that learning you have cancer can be overwhelming. Our dedicated team of professionals works with patients and their loved ones from the time of diagnosis through completing their final treatment. In addition, we collaborate with area hospitals, physicians, and other cancer care providers to ensure our patients have access to the most effective treatment options available, right here in our community.
Radiation therapy is the treatment of disease using penetrating beams of high-energy waves or streams of particles called radiation. Radiation therapy is one of the most common treatments for cancer and is used in more than half of all cancer cases.
Just as each patient is an individual, each patient’s cancer treatment needs are different. At the Cancer Center, we offer state-of-the-art radiation oncology treatment with equipment designed to deliver treatment quickly and effectively while reducing side effects.
If you, or someone you know, is in need of radiation oncology treatment you may contact either your doctor’s office for a referral or our Patient Navigation staff at (509) 737-3432. They would be happy to help you secure a referral for service at the Tri-Cities Cancer Center.
Managing life after a cancer diagnosis can be challenging. We know you worry about appointments, care options, family, work and just getting through the day. Our dedicated cancer care team is here to offer real help to you and your family. From radiation oncology to support services, we’ll take care of you.
Our services include:
State-of-the-art radiation oncology treatment including:
- External Beam Radiation Therapy (EBRT)
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS) & Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT)
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- High Dose Brachytherapy (HDR)
- Breast Brachytherapy (HDR)
In addition to radiation oncology treatment, the Center offers a multitude of patient care services including:
- Patient Navigation services including nurse managed care coordination
- Educational information on cancer and care options
- Support groups for patients and families. (Spanish groups now available)
- Patient Fitness Programs, including WellFit™
- On-site Chaplaincy Services
- Nutritional Consultations
- No cost hats, wigs, scarves, mastectomy supplies, and breast prostheses
- Look Good, Feel Better® beauty Program
We are continuously adding new services for our patients. If you have a service or specific need you would like to see added, please feel welcome to contact our Resource Center at (509) 737-3432.
In addition to radiation oncology, medical oncology is also available on-site at the Cancer Center and is performed by the physicians of Kadlec Clinic Hematology & Oncology.
Most often referred to as chemotherapy, medical oncology uses various medications to treat and manage cancer. This form of therapy can act in several ways including stopping or slowing cancer cell growth, acting indirectly to help healthy immune cells control cancer and by helping to repair normal cells damaged by other forms of cancer treatments.
For more information about medical oncology services please contact Kadlec Clinic Hematology & Oncology directly at (509) 783-0144.